Welcome to Goal Setting for Greatness.
As mentioned in an earlier post, I have not made resolutions this year, and I’m not setting year-long goals. Instead I have set ten goals for the next 90 days, and will report back here each week with an update as to how I am getting on with them:
- Increase my income by 5% each month: I’m not sure how this one is going; I feel like I’ve done loads this month but I’m not sure whether some of what I’ve done is the sort of thing that won’t show results for a while.
- Launch my Facebook training course by the end of March: I’m working on this one… There’s a lot of work to do so I think I need to formally book out some time in my schedule – and stick to it!
- Get three more clients by the end of March: I’ve sent some emails out; I think I need to work on pitching to new clients though.
- Work out three times each week: Again I didn’t manage this. My daughter had another unsettled week and I took the decision that it was more important that both of us get some sleep, than to get up early! Touch wood, the last couple of days our sleep has improved so I’ve fingers crossed for this week.
- Get the living room clear with everything in a home by the end of March: If you could see my living room right now, you may well cry. I feel like I can keep a room tidy, only if I do nothing else at all. Need to work on that!
- Complete the blog training course I purchased last year – with a To Do list of actions for anything I can’t get done (rather than get stuck on something and not move forward): So far, nothing… must do better!
- Drink at least 2 bottles of water per day: I had a couple of days where I didn’t manage this – and on those days (and the day after) I felt awful! Definitely worth sticking with!
- Listen to podcasts/watch Periscopes four days per week: I have managed this every day. I’ve downloaded the same podcasts on two different devices, so I’ve listened to the same podcasts a couple of times – which I think is great in terms of the information actually going into my head! I’m loving Periscope too, and a friend suggested I try out Blab so I might give that a go.
- Do at least one fun activity with my daughter each week: I feel like the very fact I have this goal on my list is making me more mindful of spending quality time with my daughter. We’ve had some lovely times this week, doing puzzles and playing games.
- Meet a friend for coffee twice per month: This week I had meetings on the days when I would have been free for coffee – but I did make plans to meet people over the next few weeks!
Now it’s your turn! If you’d like to join in, please add the badge below to your post and link it up here.
Please note: if your post does not include a clear list of goals for the week/month ahead, it will be deleted without prior warning.
This linky will be live until Wednesday evening (BST), so feel free to add a post later in the week if you’ve not got round to setting any goals yet.
You may also be interested in these posts I’ve written about setting goals…