Welcome to Goal Setting for Greatness.
As mentioned in an earlier post, I have not made resolutions this year, and I’m not setting year-long goals. Instead I have set ten goals for the next 90 days, and will report back here each week with an update as to how I am getting on with them:
- Increase my income by 5% each month: I sent what can only be described as a flurry of emails last week, and have come up with a couple of other plans…
- Launch my Facebook training course by the end of March: I’ve still done nothing about this one – which is awful and I have no excuse!
- Get three more clients by the end of March: This one sort of goes hand in hand with the first one; I did send some pitch emails this week but I need to send more out.
- Work out three times each week: Shamefully, I didn’t manage this; I only worked out once. It’s been really hard to get up in the mornings as my daughter is not sleeping well, and we’ve had several nights where we’ve both been awake half the night. That’s no excuse though; I know if I get up and do some exercise it helps me to get through the rest of the day. Must try harder!
- Get the living room clear with everything in a home by the end of March: I did a fair bit of cleaning and tidying in the living room this week, but somehow have managed to amass a pile of junk along one side of the room, which needs to go!
- Complete the blog training course I purchased last year – with a To Do list of actions for anything I can’t get done (rather than get stuck on something and not move forward): So far, nothing… must do better!
- Drink at least 2 bottles of water per day: I’ve done better than expected with this, and have noticed a difference. I think there were about 3 days this week where I didn’t drink as much Coke Zero as I would normally – because I know I need to fit in two bottles of water. I feel like my skin is more clear too, which is a revelation for me.
- Listen to podcasts/watch Periscopes four days per week: I have done this every day, even on the weekend. I’ve signed up for webinars and online training too which I feel is all conspiring to keep me motivated and inspired to do well.
- Do at least one fun activity with my daughter each week: I feel like we’ve had a lovely week this week; we went to the park together, watched a movie together, played a game together, made weekend breakfast together. I feel really pleased as this goal is making me more mindful of making sure a week doesn’t go past without our spending some proper, quality time together – without the TV on or other distractions.
- Meet a friend for coffee twice per month: This week I didn’t meet anyone for coffee but I was only aiming for two per month!
Now it’s your turn! If you’d like to join in, please add the badge below to your post and link it up here.
Please note: if your post does not include a clear list of goals for the week/month ahead, it will be deleted without prior warning.
This linky will be live until Wednesday evening (BST), so feel free to add a post later in the week if you’ve not got round to setting any goals yet.
You may also be interested in these posts I’ve written about setting goals…