Welcome to Goal Setting for Greatness.
As mentioned in last week’s post, I have not made resolutions this year, and I’m not setting year-long goals. Instead I have set ten goals for the next 90 days, and will report back here each week with an update as to how I am getting on with them:
- Increase my income by 5% each month: I sent some emails this week but I need to do a lot more if I want to hit this goal.
- Launch my Facebook training course by the end of March: I’ve done nothing this week toward this goal; the first week back to work after Christmas just seems to go so quickly!
- Get three more clients by the end of March: This one sort of goes hand in hand with the first one, in that my plan for both involves pitching my services to new clients.
- Work out three times each week: I did this! I was hoping for more but it turns out the return to that early alarm clock has been really tiring!
- Get the living room clear with everything in a home by the end of March: I actually did really well with this. We packed our Christmas things away on Wednesday and moved some furniture around and now there is a nice clear space on the living room floor… now we just need to sort out the rest of the room!
- Complete the blog training course I purchased last year – with a To Do list of actions for anything I can’t get done (rather than get stuck on something and not move forward): So far, nothing… must do better!
- Drink at least 2 bottles of water per day: I’ve actually put a little note in my diary every single day over the next 2 months for this, to make sure I get it done. So far, so good!
- Listen to podcasts/watch Periscopes four days per week: I actually did this every day this week, and I do feel like it has improved my productivity and motivation to listen to/watch motivational and inspiring people.
- Do at least one fun activity with my daughter each week: This week we left it to the very last minute! I wanted this to be something where we spend quality time together, without my being on the laptop or her engrossed in something on TV. Yesterday we went to a birthday party together which took up most of the day, but when we got home we both had a party bag, and both bags had a balloon. So we blew them up, and played “The Balloon Game” which is a game with no rules which we made up over Christmas, and involves us batting balloons at each other across the living room. Lots of giggles.
- Meet a friend for coffee twice per month: This week I met my lovely friend Sam for coffee and we had a good old natter. It made me feel much more sociable and positive. Perfect for a Friday afternoon!
Now it’s your turn! If you’d like to join in, please add the badge below to your post and link it up here.
Please note: if your post does not include a clear list of goals for the week/month ahead, it will be deleted without prior warning.
This linky will be live until Wednesday evening (BST), so feel free to add a post later in the week if you’ve not got round to setting any goals yet.
You may also be interested in these posts I’ve written about setting goals…